About the resort
Nature Park Zlatni Piasaci
Zlatni Pyasatsi Nature Park is the smallest Nature Park (13.2 sq.km) in Bulgaria. The Park was declared as protected area for conservation and protection of valuable habitats, flora, fauna and specific landscapes in 1943. The Park is part of the European network Natura 2000 as a Special Area of Conservation named Zlatni Pyasatsi.
The Nature Park is situated 17 km northeast from Varna. The area is parallel to the coastal line, forms the west border of the resort Golden Sands [Zlatni Pyasatsi] and reaches the Kranevo village in north. Parks average length is 9.2 km and average width – 1.2 km. The highest point is Chiplak Tepe (269.3 m a.s.l.), and the average altitude is 110 m.
The idea for the establishment of a Park in thе area dates back to 1915, but it came into reality on 3 February 1943, when the Ministry of Agriculture and State Property declared 2.4 sq.km of the State Forest “Hachuka” for a People’s Park Zlatni pyassatsi [Golden Sands]. The Park is the second declared Park in Bulgaria, after Nature Park Vitosha.
When in 1943 was declared the Nature Park Zlatni pyasatsi [Golden Sands], no one assumed that 13 years later in its seaside area will be built one of the biggest Bulgarian sea resorts. The Golden Sands resort took also the name of the Nature Park – Zlatni Pyasatsi.
Aladzha Monastery is situated in a beautiful area 14 km north of Varna, near Zlatni Pyasatsi Resort (Golden Sands Resort), in the centre of Zlatni Pyasatsi Nature Park (Golden Sands Nature Park). There are no reliable historical records as to when the monastery was established, but there is evidence that it already existed in the 10th – 12th centuries.
Aladzha Monastery is one of the few cave monasteries in Bulgaria where the different premises and their functions are clearly distinguishable. The monastery premises are carved and arranged on two levels in a limestone rock that is almost 40 m high. The monastery church, the monastery cells, the refectory, the kitchen, the small cemetery church, the crypt (ossuary), and the farm premises are all situated on the first level. The second level is a natural rock recess in the eastern part of which lies the monastery chapel.
A group of caves known as the Catacombs is located about 600 – 700 m to the west of the monastery. The archaeological finds such as pottery, coins, graffiti, etc., discovered there provide evidence that the Catacombs were inhabited by people during the early-Christian Age (5th – 6th centuries).
After the Ottomans conquered Bulgaria at the end of the 14th century, Aladzha Monastery gradually fell into decline and was most likely completely abandoned around the 15th – 16th century.
The Christian name of the monastery is unknown. The word aladzha comes from Persian-Arabic and means motley, variegated. K. Shkorpil, the first person who did research in the monastery, recorded a legend according to which St. Spas (derived from the Bulgarian Hristos Spasitel - Christ the Saviour) was patron saint of the cloister.
Nowadays Aladzha Monastery is a popular tourist attraction visited by thousands of tourists.
Attraction Park “Aquapolis”
Attraction Park “Aquapolis” – the most beautiful water park in Eastern Europe, is the first one in Bulgaria, established in a unique Mauritian Mediterranean style. It is located in the northwestern section of “Golden Sands” tourist resort, on the main road from “Riviera” tourist resort to “Albena” tourist resort. The water park is situated in the forest, sporting a unique sea-view and the whole tourist resort. Established on an area of 40 000 square meters, he combines a natural park environment with a series of artificially created elements – pools, water slides, Jacuzzi, fountains and waterfalls, ancient towers and ruins
Up to 3000 visitors could reside simultaneously in “Aquapolis”. The Spanish company “Action Park Multiforma Grupo” – city of Valencia, is the author of the draft project and the design, as well as executive and supplier of principal equipment.
A climbing rock with seven optional routes had been positioned at the park entrance, with instructors of the extreme sports club “Adrenaline” available /each day between 16 and 20 local time/, as per the project of the world champion of rock climbing Pedro Pons, from Spain. An amphitheater, waterfall and artificial lake and a panoramic snack-bar “Alcazar” had been developed in the approximate vicinity of the rock.
A parking lot with a parking, accommodating 100 cars and 10 buses, equipped with a special section for direct transport of disabled people to the “Aquapolis” entrance.
• Shooting range for children and adults;
• Climbing rock for children – 3m.
Throughout the whole season parties, children animation, competitions, promotions, lotteries with lots of prizes and games will be conducted in “Aquapolis”.
For organizing of your company event or a family party, cocktail or just a friends meeting, “Aquapolis” would satisfy and correspond to your highest requirements. The so-called “Extreme zone” had been established for the fans of adrenaline-rush events, featuring various breath-taking slides.